The program is intended for on-the-job training and it’s main purpose is the development of knowledge, skills and abilities of individuals working in the Kitchen, recognizing the importance of this department in a catering business.
The certification is supported by the “START” programs and is divided into three sections for the trainee:
- Knowledge that all hospitality employees need
- Knowledge specific to the Kitchen Cook position
- Skills Validation List
Successful candidates who complete the START program and pass the certification exam will receive a certification, lapel pin and global recognition for their accomplishment.
Some of topics:
- Professional standards personal appearance and property policies.
- Kitchen safety, Health & sanitary regulations
- Culinary terms, knives, tools & equipment
- Kitchen preparation- standard recipe development, weighing & measuring, yield testing, stock system etc.
- Meal preparation- nutrition, plate presentation and garnishes, special situations, banquet event orders, leftovers etc.