Housekeeping is critical to the success of today’s hospitality operations. Being a Housekeeper, shows what it takes to direct day-to-day operations of this department, from big-picture management issues to technical details for cleaning each area. This course has been completely revised reflecting the extensive changes in the hotel industry.
- Developing Managerial skills and organization of the Department
- The development of energy and environmental awareness management responsibility.
- Be able to manage and properly guide the Human Resources
- Be able to prepare budgets and control costs.
- Effective management of Laundry of linen and all consumables.
- Ensuring quality services as the final product, by controling rooms and special cleaning areas.
- Be able to assign work for effective performance at work.
- The role of Housekeeping in Hospitality Operations
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Planning and Organizing the H/K Department
- Housekeeping Human Recourse Issues
- Managing Inventories
- Controlling Expenses
- Managing an On-Premises Laundry
- Guestroom Cleaning , Public Area and Other Types
- Ceilings, Walls, Furniture, and Fixtures
- Beds, Linens, and Uniforms