Certiﬁed Kitchen Cook
The program is intended for on-the-job training and it’s main purpose is the development of knowledge, skills and abilities of individuals working in the Kitchen, recognizing the importance of this department in a catering business.
The certification is supported by the “START” programs and is divided into three sections for the trainee:
- Knowledge that all hospitality employees need
- Knowledge specific to the Kitchen Cook position
- Skills Validation List
Successful candidates who complete the START program and pass the certification exam will receive a certification, lapel pin and global recognition for their accomplishment.
All Training programs, can be delivered within the Hotel, in time convenience to the Company. They are fully subsidized by th Human Resources Authority of Cyprus (ANAD)
From time to time, our Training Center organizes Training workshops that participants from various Hotels can attend. Sessions, can be at our facilities, or at another city.
You can find all information about scheduled programs at our website- Training Calendar
- Professional standards personal appearance and property policies.
- Kitchen safety, Health & sanitary regulations
- Culinary terms, knives, tools & equipment
- Kitchen preparation- standard recipe development, weighing & measuring, yield testing, stock system etc.
- Meal preparation- nutrition, plate presentation and garnishes, special situations, banquet event orders, leftovers etc.