Front Desk Representative
Front Desk Representatives play a key role in the overall guest experience at a hospitality establishment. They are the first people to greet guests, check them in, and arrange payments. They are also a guest’s first point of contact, and their ability to answer questions and provide services can leave a lasting impression. This course recognizes the skills and abilities of these professionals, and helps develop them further.
As part of the five courses in the Front Office Management Specialization, and supported by START (Skills, Tasks, and Results Training) Programs, this course provides the general knowledge and soft skills needed to succeed in the hospitality industry as a front-line professional, and is aimed at individuals with more than 3 months of experience in a Front Office role.
Successful candidates who complete the START program and pass the certiﬁcation exam will receive a certiﬁcation, lapel pin, and global recognition for their accomplishment.
What you will gain
- Development of Managerial Skills
- Departmental planning and organizational skills
- Hands-on training on equipment and systems used in a Hotel Reception desk
- Practical knowledge about various guest-related tasks, as well as effective sales and upselling techniques used by Front Desk professionals
- Critical thinking to help solve any situation that may arise on the job
Benefits For The Hospitality & Catering Businesses
- A certified and highly trained Front Desk Representative who will use knowledge and methodologies to advance and benefit the company
- Companies will proudly employ trained executives with a Diploma awarded by a world-renowned Certification Board
- All employee knowledge, property standards and policies.
- Quality Guest Service and telephone courtesy
- The role of the Front Desk Representative in Hospitality
- Pre-arrival, arrival, check in
- Occupancy, room changes and charges
- Departures, Checking out, settle accounts
- Two continuous months of hands-on training at a Hotel Reception
Who can take this course
The five-course Front Office Management Specialization is open to Front Office Representatives with at least three months of experience in the Hospitality industry. For individuals without experience, the program includes practical exercise.