Certified Hotel Administrator CHA
CHA, is a prestigious certification that recognizes leadership and managerial skills. General managers and hospitality executives provide leadership to every level of a hospitality operation. They establish the vision and lead their staff in executing it. Their dedication to the hospitality industry is evident in the way they seek out continuing education, manage their employees, and ensure the financial success of the property. CHA, is a prestigious certification that recognizes these leadership and managerial skills.
Prerequisites: You can earn the CHA designation if you have been employed and currently working, for two years as a:
- General manager
- Owner/operator in a hotel
- Corporate executive regional manager
- Corporate director of operations
- Assistant general manager
- Director of operations/rooms division (after successfully completing the CRDE certification) or if you have ultimate corporate responsibility for rooms, marketing, finance, food and beverage, revenue management, human resources or engineering at a hotel company responsible for the operation of two or more properties.
Steps to follow:
- Register by 31 July 2020
- Approval from AH&LEI
- Instructions for access to the CHA Online Review will be emailed to you.
- Participate in Training review workshops in November – December 2020 & January – February 2021, in order to be prepared for Exams.
- Take the CHA Online exam.
- Study all 7 topics for a period of 6 months.
- Total training time is 28 days (4hours), 7 subjects, 4 days each.
The time in position requirement can be reduced by one year by meeting the following conditions:
- One current AH&LEI department head certification
- A degree from an accredited academic institution
Topics & Dates
- Motivation & Leadership 3, 5, 10, 12 November 2020
- Food & Beverage Management 17, 19, 24, 26 November 2020
- Marketing and Sales 1, 3, 8, 10 December 2020
- Rooms Management 14, 16, 18, 21 December 2020
- Human Resources Management 12, 14, 19, 21 January 2021
- Financial Management 26, 28 January & 2, 4 February 2021
- Revenue Management 9, 11, 16, 18 February 2021