Certified Spa Supervisor (CSS)
The Certified Spa Supervisor (CSS) program is a certification for spa supervisors and managers.
The certification program was developed by AH&LEI, (the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute) in partnership with the International SPA Association (ISPA) to provide education and resources for spa supervisors who may be new to their positions or those who are seeking additional education and recognition
The CSS designation, a hallmark within the spa industry, signifies an understanding of basic supervisory skills and indicates a deep commitment and belief that continued education is fundamentally important in professional growth.
Program includes: Exam; Certificate and Lapel Pin upon successful completion of the Exam.
Steps to follow:
- Register to the program through Polykarpou HRD.
- Complete the included Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS®) Exam Application and submit it to AHLEI through your proctor (Polykarpou HRD) in order to sit for the exam.
- Participate at a scheduled training program and complete the Supervisory Skill Builders materials.
- Once you successfully passed the CHS Exams and received notification from AHLEI, you can submit a CSS certificate request to ISPA.
- Once this request is approved, ISPA will distribute a CSS certificate to you.
- You as a Supervisor
- Conducting Orientation and Training
- Handling Problems and Conflicts
- Motivation and Team Building
- Staffing and Scheduling
- Improving Employee Performance
- Effective Communication
- Time Management