Planning and Control for F&B Operations
Learn the most up-to-date control processes used to reduce costs in food and beverage operations in this essential management course geared at key hospitality staff.
As part of the five-course F&B Management Specialization, this course explores how planning and control functions can help operations work smarter, compete for market share, and provide value to guests.
Professionals will learn about point-of-sale systems and other new technologies, while the new ‘Effective Control Tactic’ that features throughout the program highlights the basic principles of effective food and beverage management.
What you will gain
- Development of Managerial and Leadership Skills
- Departmental planning and organizational skills
- Skills in reducing costs and increasing efficacy in food and beverage operations
Benefits For The Hospitality Business
- A certified and highly trained Food and Beverage Manager who will use knowledge and methodologies to advance and benefit the company
- Companies will proudly employ trained executives with a Diploma awarded by a world-renowned Certification Board
- The Challenge of F & B Operations
- The Control Function
- The Menu: The Foundation for Control
- Operations Budgeting and Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
- Determining Food and Beverage Standards
- Purchasing and Receiving Controls
- Storing and Issuing Controls
- Production and Serving Controls
- Calculating Actual Food and Beverage Costs
- Control: Analysis, Corrective Action, and Evaluation
- Revenue Control
- Preventing Theft of Revenue
- Labor Cost Control
- Facility Design, Layout, and Equipment
- Financial Management
Who can take this course
The Planning & Control is open to managers or supervisors in Food and Beverage Operations in the Hospitality and Catering industries, including Owners and Managers of Restaurants and Bars.
This course is part of AH&LEI’s F&B Management Specializations.
Unemployed individuals may attend the course for FREE, upon referral from PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT SERVICE